8 Ways to Achieve Dealing With Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Accomplishing Tasks – The condition of Fibromyalgia accounts for both good days as well as bad days. When symptom seem to be lessened or not present these periods are called remission, however when symptoms are exacerbated and become overwhelmingly excruciating these periods are referred to as Fibromyalgia Flare Ups. It is important to gauge the symptoms that are occurring on a daily basis. If symptoms seem to be tolerable and the Fibromyalgai sufferer feels well rested then the day can be planned accordingly, however moderation is the key. If however symptoms seem to be intolerable and the rest the night before was less than needed because of symptoms then that day should also be planned accordingly and arranging for less to be accomplished and more help to be given is probably in order.
- Exercising even when Exhausted – other than pain the second most complained of symptom among Fibromyalgia sufferers is that of extreme fatigue. And fatigue can play a big role in what gets accomplished on a daily basis. However, one of the most important aspects of the day for any Fibromyalgia sufferer is that of appropriate exercise. Exercise among Fibromyalgai sufferers can help to ease pain, stress, and other symptoms of Fibromyalgai and should become a top priority. Even when fatigue creeps in starting slowly and accomplishing exercises such as walking, swimming, stretching or other low impact activities can make a large different in the symptoms that are felt on a daily basis.
- Reducing Fibromyalgia Pain with Massage – massage is a time proven way of helping to ease muscle tension, pain, and reduce stress, depression, as well as anxiety for those who suffer from the condition of Fibromyalgai. Massage accomplishes this relief by allowing the Fibromyalgai suffer to relax and therefore experience less pain and be able to achieve a more restful and deep sleep which helps with fatigue. Of course the use of massage therapy should be given by a trained therapist who can effectively provide relief for the Fibromyalgai sufferer without causing further complications.
- Relieving Muscle Pain & Stiffness – there are a few ways to help relive muscle pain and stiffness that are common among Fibromyalgai sufferers. One such way is the use of heat, especially moist heat, which can help to relive soreness and stiffness by increasing blood flow and oxygenation to the areas of the body which hurt. Applying warm, moist heat or taking a shower or hot bath can help to reduce muscle pain and stiffness; however the heat should never go above 100 degrees Fahrenheit in order to decrease the likelihood of causing further complications.
- Using Acupuncture to Relive Fibromyalgai Pain – the ancient practice of Chinese medicine can help to relive Fibromyalgai symptoms of pain and muscle tension in the Fibromyalgia sufferer. Acupuncture can benefit Fibromyalgai patients by lessening pain and fatigue, increasing levels of relaxation and energy, and also can help boost immunity.
- Obtaining a Good Night’s Sleep – because fatigue is a symptom that causes problems in many Fibromyalgai sufferers the importance of obtaining a good night’s sleep becomes even more vital among those who have Fibromyalgai. Developing a relaxing routine, avoiding naps, and sticking to a sleep/wake schedule are all ways in which the Fibromyalgai sufferer can help to achieve a better nights rest.
- Avoiding Feelings of being Overwhelmed – a diagnosis of the condition of Fibromyalgai can become overwhelming at times, especially on the days when symptoms seem to be heightened. Learning to adapt to a new way of living, saying “no” when its needed, and understanding the ways that symptoms need to be dealt with on good days and bad days can help to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Another important aspect of avoiding becoming overwhelmed is advanced preparations and communication.
- Achieving Stress Relief – the presence of stress has become a well-known factor that can exacerbate the symptoms of Fibromyalgai sufferers. Reducing stress can help to ease symptoms of depression, anxiety, fatigue, and improve upon a more restful and deep sleep. It is important for Fibromyalgai sufferers to find ways to reduce stress whenever possible and to deal with stress when it does occur. Some of the ways that Fibromyalgai sufferers can achieve stress relief is through the use of deep-breathing exercises, meditation techniques, Yoga, Pilates, or perhaps Tai Chi.