A Few Simple Ways To End Fibromyalgia Pain
Trying to cure fibromyalgia is not a loss cause just a complicated process. Fibromyalgia is a body wide and painful condition that creates limitations to one’s mobility. The pain and symptoms of fibromyalgia is most commonly felt in the soft tissue, muscle, tendons and joints. Soft tissue is located in several spots on the body such as: the elbow, neck, back, knees, shins, hips and shoulders. The painful spots on the body are referred to as tender spots and are felt in the various locations we have already mentioned. The pain will start in a location such as the knee and then spread out to include the whole leg.
What Does One Do With Fibromyalgia Pain?
Living with fibromyalgia pain on a daily basis should not be the only option there are means, methods and approaches to finding relief from fibromyalgia pain and symptoms. Ending fibro pain can be done through simple methods that are natural in nature such as acupuncture, massage therapy and through herbal supplements.
Acupuncture as a therapy originated as traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is based on the premise that there are patents of energy that flow through the body are and essential to total body health. Acupuncture uses stimulation of specific acu-points on the skin by inserting needles that range in length from 1 cm to 10 cm.
The two main symptoms that are presented by the condition of Fibromyalgia are fatigue and pain. Massage therapy can aid in lessening both of these symptoms by helping the Fibromyalgia suffer to be able to experience less pain, obtain more sleep, and also to help relax some of the tightened and stiff muscles that can contribute to much of the pain. Research has proven that the use of massage therapy as a form of Fibromyalgia treatment can help Fibromyalgia sufferers experience deeper levels of sleep and lessen levels of pain and fatigue. The way that massage therapy accomplishes this is by using the different forms of massage to help oxygenate the body as a whole which can decrease the severity of symptoms that a Fibromyalgia sufferer will experience
Herbal Supplements To Look At
Herbal supplements are a great option for fibromyalgia treatment. Using supplements such as the ones listed have been known to have a wondrous effect on the body and fibromyalgia pain.
- Vitamin D – Research has shown that Vitamin D can help with the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. In fact, one specific study shows that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia have lower levels of Vitamin D, thus increasing Vitamin D can help to lessen the symptoms caused by Fibromyalgia.
- Fish Oil – Has omega-3 fatty acids which are known to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an excellent source for reducing the pain associated with Fibromyalgia.
- SAMe – This particular supplement is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is needed for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA. Research has shown that SAMe can lessen the symptoms of chronic pain as well as boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Capsaicin – When Capsaicin is used on the tender points of a person who suffers from Fibromyalgia a decrease in pain has been notated in some research.
- Ribose – Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles. Ribose can help to ease this pain because Ribose can help to loosen those muscles and help to improve the debilitating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- Magnesium – Can aid in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as an additional supplement it can help to reduce the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an added bonus to those with Fibromyalgia.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were experiencing on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.