A Whole Body Treatment Plan For Fibromyalgia Relief
Individuals who have been diagnoses with Fibromyalgia understand that this condition is one that must be lived with on a daily basis. The condition of Fibromyalgia is one that affects many different facets of life, from the symptoms, to the emotions, even down to decision making and the completion of daily tasks. The symptoms of Fibromyalgia can vary greatly among individuals but most often include one or more of the following symptoms:
- Chronic Pain
- Muscles Spasms and/or Tightness
- Fatigue and/or Sleep Problems
- Difficulty with Concentration
- Depression, Anxiety, or Anxiousness
- Tension or Migraine Headaches
- Sensitivity to Odors, Noise, Medications, Specific Foods, Cold, or even Bright Lights
There are many more symptoms that can be felt with Fibromyalgia that aren’t listed above, but those are the most common. Another fact about Fibromyalgia is that the symptoms can come and go throughout the day and can be exacerbated by fatigue, stress, weather changes, overexertion, emotions, or even hormonal fluctuations.
Unfortunately there is currently no cure for Fibromyalgia. However, it is important for Fibromyalgia to be properly diagnosed and treated so the relief from the symptoms can be attained. Often times the first line of defense when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatments is the use of prescription medications, and while these medications are certainly necessary at times, it is important for Fibromyalgia sufferers to learn to find relief from the symptoms with a whole body approach, that unlike medications won’t have any negative side effects. A whole body approach to Fibromyalgia treatment would include lifestyle changes, alternative treatment options, as well as the use of nutritional and supplemental therapies in order for overall well-being to be accomplished and symptoms to be reduced.
Overall health is being pushed more and more in today’s society, but the proof shows that self-care and healthy living is critical for maintaining health and also reducing the complications of specific conditions, one such condition would be that of Fibromyalgia. There are a few lifestyle changes that can be taken into consideration that have shown beneficial in the reduction of symptoms for Fibromyalgia Sufferers. It’s important to get enough sleep, reduce stress where possible, exercise (properly with care), and of course nutrition plays a large role in the quality of life a Fibromyalgia sufferer can expect.
The term unconventional could very well scare off many Fibromyalgia patients from even trying some of these treatment options. However, it should be duly noted that each of the following treatments for Fibromyalgia have been proven successful in helping to provide symptom relief. Some of options that would be coined as “unconventional” Fibromyalgia treatments would be the use of Acupuncture, Biofeedback, Chiropractic Care, Massage, Yoga, as well as Tai Chi.
Nutrition & Supplements
Nutrition and Supplements are extremely important when it comes to Fibromyalgia symptoms. The nutritional intake as well as supplements can aid in significantly reducing the symptoms that a Fibromyalgia sufferer experiences on a daily basis. There are several suggestions for nutrition items which can either be added or deducted from the diet in order to aid in reducing symptoms:
- Addition of Foods – foods that are high in antioxidants and phytochemicals such as fruits and vegetables. Another beneficial item is foods that are high in Omega 3 or good fats such as fish or walnuts. Lean Protein can also help to keep glucose levels under control when combined with a reduced carbohydrate diet.
- Supplements – Another beneficial addition to Fibromyalgia sufferers would be that of supplements to the diet. The use of supplements is a much more natural way to achieve overall health and provide symptoms relief in specific ways in the place of medications which often cause negative side effects. Some of the most commonly used supplements for Fibromyalgia treatment are Vitamin D, Fish Oil, SAMe, Ribose, Magnesium, B-Complex Vitamins, 5-HTP as well as Brown Seaweed Extract.
- Foods To Avoid – Certain items such as caffeine, artificial sweeteners (such as aspartame or saccharine), preservative, as well as colorings tend to aggravate the symptoms of Fibromyalgia sufferers and should be avoided when possible if an approach to overall health for symptoms relief is being attempted.
Everyone is Different
One of the most important things that Fibromyalgia sufferers should remember is that each individual will experience different symptoms on different levels. Each person who has Fibromyalgia will have good days and bad days and the times when the symptoms seem unbearable. Also, what works for someone else might not work for you, so finding a treatment plan that is personalized to provide relief on and individual basis is what’s needed the most. This individual plan can be much more attainable when the overall health of the individual is taken into consideration and the tricks and treatments that work for each person is used on an individual basis.