Aromatherapy Can Help With Multiple Aspects Of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia syndrome is an extremely difficult disorder to have to endure. As a result, more and more fibromyalgia patients are looking towards alternative treatments to help reduce their symptoms and manage their fibromyalgia syndrome due to the severe side effects that could arise with the use of prescription medications.
Coping with fibromyalgia is particularly difficult because the symptoms are invisible as well as chronic and a person can’t simply “get over” fibromyalgia with the passage of neither time nor wishful thinking, no matter how much they may want to. Aromatherapy is an alternative treatment that promises to help fibromyalgia sufferers decrease their pain, while improving their mood and outlook on life.
How Certain Oils Can Help Ease Discomfort
They can relieve the pain of fibromyalgia – The pain relief people experience is repeatedly noticeable and swift. This in itself is a most wonderful thing because pain can be taken care of naturally, decreasing the risk of the unwanted side effects as well as reducing the possibility of addiction to painkillers.
Oils can have an obvious effect on one’s psychological and emotional state. Oils have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, therefore positively affecting the mind. Oils have the potential to:
1) Relieve anxiety
2) Improve sleep
3) Increase concentration
4) Relieve depression.
Can relieve many of the neuropsychiatric and emotional problems associated to this condition
Aromatherapy is becoming more and more popular because of the effects that aromatherapy appears to have on pain sensation and mood. Aromatherapy is administered in different ways, which can include:
- Inhalation: direct as well as indirect, and dilution:
- massage oils
- water sprays
- bath salts
How Various Oils Assist
The great thing about aromatherapy is the wide variety of oils to help specified needs, concerns or issues. Not every fibromyalgia sufferer endures the same types of pain, therefore specified treatment is needed to bring about the desired amount of relief and the following list should prove to be helpful:
- Pain Relief: spike lavender, sweet marjoram, lavender, Roman and German chamomile, clary sage, lemongrass, helichrysum, and peppermint Side note: Spike lavender along with peppermint and helichrysum together has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Stress / Anxiety: frankincense, sweet orange, bergamot, grapefruit, ylang ylang, sandalwood, neroli, mandarin, lavender, rose geranium, tangerine, jasmine
- Sleep Improvement: lavender, neroli, jasmine, marjoram, Roman chamomile
- Headaches: peppermint, marjoram, Roman chamomile, lavender (a peppermint stick that you can buy at a drug store also works exceptionally well when rubbed on your temples for headaches)
- Increased circulation: rosemary, ginger, black pepper, peppermint, lemongrass, rose geranium
- Increase energy: lemon, grapefruit, geranium
- Relaxation: lavender, chamomile, jasmine
- To ease sore joints and muscles: black pepper, eucalyptus, peppermint, juniper