Body-Wide Symptom Drama
Body-wide pain is often tough to clarify and tell specifics of when it seems as though the pain is being experienced everywhere, but in order to be told by a doctor that you have fibromyalgia, there has to be some kind of specifications that are particular to or belong only with this condition, one would wish. The pain and symptoms of fibromyalgia is most normally felt in the soft tissue, muscle, tendons and joints. Tender tissue is located in several locations on the body such as: the elbow, neck, back, knees, shins, hips and shoulders. The agony is often had the most at night and the person suffering from the pain often has difficulty to find the opportunity to sleep and once they finally collapse asleep, the night is often broken up from the pain and the fibromyalgia victim wakes up rigid, uncomfortable and just plain fed-up the next day with all the pain. The painful spots on the body are referred to as tender spots and are felt in the various locations we have already mentioned. The pain will start in a location such as the knee and then spread out to include the whole leg. The pain or feelings that correspond with fibromyalgia have been described as a:
- Deep Ache
- Shooting Pain
- Burning Pain
- Painful Joints
- Numbness And Tingling in the hands and feet
Ouchy Touchy Spots
The painful sensations mentioned are felt in areas of the body where soft tissue exists and soft tissues exist in eighteen different places on the body. Fibromyalgia and pain are often simultaneous and the fibromyalgia patient struggles on a daily basis with symptoms like: muscle spasms, muscle weakness, nerve pain, twitching and even occasional palpations along. The frustrating part about fibromyalgia is that the symptoms are only one painful aspect of this condition. Diagnosing fibromyalgia is beneficial to the patient on so many levels but the main benefit has to do with the relief that can come with treating fibromyalgia once a correct diagnosis has been made.
There is no cure for migraines just like fibromyalgia; so it might be crazy to think of but one incurable condition can affect another incurable condition. Migraine headaches can be debilitating and only add to the limitations and the frustration that comes with fibromyalgia. A migraine headache if felt on a reoccurring basis is known as a neurological condition and can cause and create chemical changes in the body that produce further symptoms. As a migraine develops the blood vessels in the brain begin to expand and their expansion causes harmful chemicals to be released into the brain which in return causes the brains arteries to come under attack. The brains arteries only line of defense is to release symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, blurred vision and diarrhea.
Help and Hope Done Naturally
Currently the most commonly used type of treatment is the use of prescription medications. The prescription medications used for the treatment of Fibromyalgia are Analgesics, Antidepressants, as well as Anti-seizure drugs. However, many of these prescription medications have negative side effects that are far too numerous to list that accompany them. It would be safer and more effective in the long run to go all-natural. The most commonly used supplements for Fibromyalgia treatment are:
- Magnesium – Can aid in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as an additional supplement it can help to reduce the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an added bonus to those with Fibromyalgia.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were experiencing on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.