Boosting Energy Levels & Fighting Fatigue
Fatigue is perhaps one of the most annoying symptoms of the condition of Fibromyalgia, second only to the symptom of chronic musculoskeletal pain. However, the two do go hand in hand because each of these symptoms can exacerbate the other. If proper sleep is not attained then pain levels can increase, and when pain levels increase sleep quality drops. There are many ways to combat the fatigue associated with Fibromyalgai and to boost energy throughout the day in order to better cope with the symptoms.
6 Tips for Boosting Energy
- KISS – Everyone has heard of the phrase “Keep it Simple Stupid”. But this is actually an important concept for Fibromyalgai sufferers to embrace. Many Fibromyalgai sufferers tend to have “Type A” personalities and can be overachievers who live extremely busy and stressful lives. But for the individual who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia it is important to adapt a lifestyle of simplicity, not to become busy just for the sake of business, and to keep the important things important while learning to say “no” to things that are not.
- Scheduling – Adapting to a new schedule and a new way of life is important for those who have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgai. Living like before the diagnosis of Fibromyalgai is no longer possible. Scheduling and routine must become a new way of life so that coping with the symptoms and managing the condition of Fibromyalgai can become a priority.
- Pacing – Another important thing to remember for Fibromyalgai patients is to pace themselves. Many Fibromyalgai sufferers will tend to overdo it on days when symptoms of the condition seem to be under control, but this can only lead to worsening symptoms or Fibromyalgai Flare Ups in the following days. Know the limitations to the condition and the triggers that set off the symptoms by pacing each day and task in a way that fits personally into the lifestyle of the condition of Fibromyalgai.
- Stop Stressing – It is important for Fibromyalgai sufferers to avoid stress and stay positive about their condition whenever possible. Stress can exacerbate the symptoms of fatigue and pain in Fibromyalgai patients and it is vital that Fibromyalgai sufferers find ways to combat stress and find ways to relax in order to reduce their symptoms. It is not unusual for a Fibromyalgai sufferer to feel anxious, frustrated, or even a little stressed, but allowing those feelings to control and take over can negatively affect the way that symptoms are felt. Accepting that Fibromyalgai is a diagnosis and must be dealt with and focusing on the positive ways in which treatment and relief of symptoms can be achieved are key to the overall quality of life.
- Improve Sleep – In order to properly combat fatigue then in turn enough deep rest and quality sleep must be attained by the Fibromyalgia sufferer. There are many suggestions for the Fibromyalgai suffer to improve upon sleep. Creating a space or room that induces relaxation and reduces stress can help. Keeping the room cool, dark and quiet can also be beneficial, as well as the addition of sleeping with a fan on or utilizing “white noise”. The comfort level of the bed is also an important aspect of improving up sleep, if the mattress isn’t comfort and sleep inducing then the addition of a mattress pad or perhaps a memory foam pad is necessary, or in some cases evens the investment of purchasing a new mattress. After all, investments that improve upon health and the overall quality of life are important, especially for the Fibromyalgai sufferer.
- Check Nutrition & Medications – Diet, nutrition, and medications that are ingested by the Fibromyalgai can either positively or negatively affect the outcome of their symptoms. Fatigue and lack of energy can decrease appetite and Fibromyalgai sufferers will either not get enough nutrition because of a lack of appetite or the lack of energy that it might take to prepare a properly balance meal. Either of these mistakes can negatively affect the symptoms. There are also certain medications used for treating the pain of Fibromyalgia that can cause fatigue as a side effect, often a change in medication or even a reduction in the dosage can make all the difference in the world. So making sure that the Fibromyalgai sufferer is getting a well-balanced diet, and making sure that none of the medications they are taking will affect their sleep patterns negatively is important.