Discovering The Treatments Available On Your Own
When someone has fibromyalgia on a regular basis, the response to their treatment can be the same. It is important to note that it takes time to find the right treatment or treatments that will work the best for your body and mind toward the freedom of pain and fibromyalgia. Treatments. The word sometime brings with it fear and uncertainty as to not knowing whether the treatment will work or not. Yet other times, it does bring relief after you have experienced the healing effects of the treatment that does work. Prescription meds can be a helpful choice if used only on a short term basis since the pills were never designed for prolonged fibromyalgia treatment. Instead of putting yourself at risk, you could look for a more holistic or natural form of fibromyalgia treatment; they come in all shapes and sizes and can be taken long term since there are no harmful side effects.
One Of The Holistic Options
There are many types of treatment options for Fibromyalgia victims. But many people tend to just overlook the possibility that supplements can thrive as a viable treatment option to help provide them rest from their fibro symptoms. After all, natural ingredients are Mother Nature’s provisions for the keeping us well and in the treatment of many different diseases and conditions, like Fibromyalgia. The one of the greatest things about supplemental treatment to ease Fibromyalgia is that these supplements will not originate any bad side effects, nor are they habit forming like many of the prescription medications which are commonly used for Fibromyalgia therapy. The supplemental treatments which are used to help lessen and minimize the annoying and painful symptoms of Fibromyalgia include the following:
- Vitamin C – Vitamins C can help to protect the muscles form free radical induced damage, reduces inflammation and helps to support the immune system, which are all important aspects of overall health for the Fibromyalgia sufferer.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Studies have proven that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is can be highly successful in the fight against chronic pain that so many Fibromyalgia sufferers deal with on a daily basis. Brown Seaweed Extract can help to reduce joint pain and stiffness and Fibromyalgia sufferers can expect to notice improvement in as little as one week of beginning treatment using Brown Seaweed Extract as a Fibromyalgia treatment.
- Chlorella – This is a supplement which can help to significantly improve the symptoms that Fibromyalgia sufferers commonly face. Chlorella has been suggested to help increase energy and help to reduce muscle pain.
- 5-HTP – Studies have shown that 5-HTP can help to increase the levels of serotonin within the brain which can in turn have a positive effect on the way the body perceived pain; it can also help reduce sleep problems and depression as well as aid in reducing morning stiffness and anxiety. These are major symptoms and side illness which often accompany fibromyalgia.
Could It Be Nerves?
Most experts are said to believe fibromyalgia results from abnormal central nervous system function. Response to stress and psycho-behavioral factors may also contribute to fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia primarily occurs in women of childbearing age. Children, the elderly, and men can also be affected. Besides the defining symptoms of pain and stiffness, there are many non-defining symptoms associated with fibromyalgia including:
- Fatigue, night sweats and sleep disturbances.
- Memory difficulties and cognitive difficulties.
- Tension or migraine headaches, rib cage pain, chronic pelvic pain, plantar or heel pain.
- Fluctuations in weight, heat or cold intolerance, subjective feeling of weakness.
- Ear-nose-throat complaints, multiple chemical sensitivities and a wide array of allergic symptoms.
- Hearing, vision, and vestibular abnormalities.
- Heartburn, palpitations and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Evidence on echocardiogram of mitral valve prolapse, neurologic conditions causing hypotension and syncope.
- Mood disorders such as depression and anxiety occur more commonly in people who have fibromyalgia.
Another Way To Fix The Pain
Chiropractic care as used for Fibromyalgia treatment has become increasingly more popular because of the ability for chiropractic care to benefit the Fibromyalgia sufferer and offer pain and stress relief that is so often related to Fibromyalgia. Many Fibromyalgia sufferers suffer from ongoing backaches, foot pain, or leg cramps, and chiropractic care can aid in lessening those symptoms. Chiropractic care regularly falls within the category of alternative treatment; however it is becoming much more accepted by both the mainstream medical community as well as an acceptable form of Fibromyalgia treatment. The main determination behind the concept of chiropractic care is to aid in lessening symptoms of pain and other issues by correcting any imbalances in the skeletal configuration. The forms of adjustment of the skeletal structure are made through techniques such as stretches, adjustments, as well as manipulations where the imbalance can be restored and results in lessening of symptoms.