Fibromyalgia And The Exercise That Stops It
Fibromyalgia can be one of the most frustrating diseases that someone would have to live with for the rest of their life. You see, when it comes to fibromyalgia, there is no cure nor is there a sure fire way of fixing the symptoms so that they don’t hurt you all of the time. And with millions of Americans suffering from this incurable condition, it is no wonder that fibromyalgia is at the top of the list for reason people miss work due to an illness. So how can you gain relief from these fibromyalgia symptoms without compromising the rest of your health with unsafe treatments? The solution is using natural, more holistic methods of fibromyalgia treatment. Now there are a number of natural treatments that will not only quell the majority of the fibromyalgia symptoms but they will also aid in relieving other bodily issues as well. Acupuncture, Therapeutic Massage with Essential Oils and even Herbal Remedies are all ways to help curb the fibromyalgia epidemic while staying safe through natural means.
Ways To Lessen The Painful Joint Responses
Fewer and fewer pain responses are possible with a fibromyalgia treatment. Chronic pain is a common symptom with fibromyalgia but the pain can be lessened with a few treatment methods. The first treatment option or method is through lifestyle changes. Lifestyle changes can be one of the most critical forms of treatment that will yield the most beneficial outcomes when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment. If Fibromyalgia sufferers can begin to understand the importance of self-care then often treatment for finding relief is much more possible.
- Stress Reduction –stress is a factor that is known to increase Fibromyalgia symptoms. This is why it is so important for individuals seeking Fibromyalgia treatment to develop a way to avoid stress or at least learn to deal with it properly when it does occur.
- Sleep – Getting enough rest is vital to those with Fibromyalgia. This is often a difficult task as the pain that is associated with Fibromyalgia can affect a person’s sleep patterns. Studies have shown that proper sleep patterns, such as getting up and going to bed at the same time on a daily basis, can be beneficial to those seeking Fibromyalgia treatment.
- Exercise – Individuals who need relief from Fibromyalgia can use exercise and physical therapy to help lessen their symptoms. It is important that exercise is begun gradually and completed regularly if relief is to be found, but stretching, good posture, and relaxation exercises have been proven to provide Fibromyalgia relief.
- Health – Eating healthy food and limiting caffeine intake can help to decrease the pain associated with Fibromyalgia. It is significant for individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia to pace themselves by not doing too much or too little in order to keep their bodies in a particular state of health.
Earlier, we mentioned exercise as a way to lessen the pain felt from the fibromyalgia. While exercising with fibromyalgia can be slow going and seem daunting, it really can be the best thing for healing. Exercise can have very positive effects on even healthy people’s lives, but fibromyalgia suffers can see a vast difference very quickly. Fibromyalgia sufferers should stick to low impact exercises. It also suggested that they begin with a very short amount of time and gradually work their way up.
- Walking is one of the best and easiest exercises. It is suggested to start with just five minutes of walking. After that, they should add a minute each day until they are up to walking for about an hour. It is also suggested to try to walk an hour at least three to four times each week. Once walking for an hour seems easier, it is suggested alternated walking and light jogging.
- Bicycling is safest to use a stationary bike to reduce any risk of falling. Also, this is important to start slow with and gradually move up the amount of time spent bicycling until the fibromyalgia sufferer is able to ride for approximately an hour. After an hour becomes easier, then they can set mileage goals.
- Swimming is also a low impact exercise. It is suggested to start treading water for a few minutes, and then build up from there. After treading water becomes easier, the fibromyalgia sufferer should move up to swimming laps for about 30 minutes. Water aerobics are also a good idea for fibromyalgia sufferers.