Fight Fibro Fog With Treatments
Finding the right fibromyalgia treatment option can at times be difficult because until you utilize the fibromyalgia treatment, you don’t know how it will react and affect your body. This is why I recommend that you consult with your primary care physician as there are some treatments that work better than others and have least effects on the body. Some doctor s will focus on prescription drugs like medications in order to quell your fibromyalgia symptoms while other medical professionals will give different holistic or natural options like Chiropractic Adjustment or Acupuncture. Another holistic treatment option is Massage Therapy. The massage therapist will focus the massage toward the common tension spots located near the 18 tender spots around the body. Muscle tension is a common symptom of fibromyalgia and when lessened, it can relieve many a painful day for the chronic fibromyalgia sufferer. However some massages could irritate, rather than help, your fibromyalgia symptoms so check with your doctor; this will guarantee that you have the right treatment being performed.
How Fibro Fog Affects You
Fibro fog typically happens with a pain flare up. It can happen at any point in the day. Fibro fogs can also vary in intensity. Usually it the sufferer feels like they are in a haze or fog and have difficulty functioning. While both men and women can be affected by fibro fog, women tend to encounter it more often than men. Studies show that women between the ages of 30 and 50 are the most likely to experience the symptoms of fibro fog. Usually fibro fog only last for a few days and when the pain is at its worst. However, the symptoms of fibro fog can last for weeks or months. The first priority of fibromyalgia sufferers who are encountering fibro fog is to get a quality sleep. Occasionally, they may require the use of prescription or over the counter medications. It can also be helpful to have a sleep routine. Going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time each day can help the body find a sleep cycle. The biggest help with getting through fibro fog is communicating exactly what is going on with a healthcare professional. This can be difficult as memory issues are caused by fibro fog. It can be helpful to keep a journal and write what is going on as soon as possible. Keep in mind that each person’s body can deal with the pain of fibromyalgia much differently than others.
A Safe Way To Fight Fibro Fog
Herbal supplements are a safe way to lessen fibromyalgia pain and can have an overall healthy effect on the body.
- Vitamin D – Studies show that Vitamin D can provide relief from Fibromyalgia. In fact, one specific study shows that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia have lower levels of Vitamin D, thus increasing Vitamin D can help to lessen the symptoms caused by Fibromyalgia.
- SAMe – This supplement is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is desirable for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA. Research has shown that SAMe can diminish the symptoms of chronic pain as well as boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Ribose – Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles. Ribose can help to ease this pain because Ribose can help to release those muscles and help to improve the devastating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an advantage to Fibromyalgia sufferers.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in persons who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were suffering on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.