Having A Positive Outlook When Things Look Grim
After being diagnosed with a condition such as neuropathy it can be difficult to have a positive outlook on the future. Fibromyalgia is a very intense and painful condition that can encompass the whole body. Medical professionals are often stumped when it comes to fibromyalgia and its development, causes and treatment making the diagnosis of this condition even more heartbreaking. Living in chronic pain which is common with fibromyalgia can create feelings of frustration and limitation thus leaving the patient prone to feelings of depression and anxiety.
To lessen the chance or risk of developing depressive feelings and emotional turmoil the patient must find some type of treatment that can help lessen the pain and complications that are so closely connected with fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia treatment is the key to lessening the pain and severity of fibromyalgia and in order for fibromyalgia treatment to be effective the patient must be willing to make a few commitments and changes.
- Save Energy – fatigue is one of the greatest symptoms, other than pain, that Fibromyalgia sufferers complain about. Sufficient rest should be obtained when and where possible and energy saving should become a standard of life.
- Learn To Adapt – the pain of Fibromyalgia can affect the way that individuals move about because bending over or reaching above their heads can lead to suffering from painful symptoms. Adapting to a way of life while living with Fibromyalgia is vital and Fibromyalgia sufferers can do this by becoming creative and adjusting the way they complete daily tasks in order to lessen the pain.
- Make A Plan – planning for a bad day is a necessity for individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia. There are days that will be worse than others when it comes to the pain and fatigue that must be dealt with. Stocking up on meals that are easy to prepare, keeping disposable kitchen items readily available, and being willing to ask for help when it’s needed are essential solutions to living with Fibromyalgia.
- Be Flexible – being prepared to make slight changes can make a huge transformation in the life of an individual dealing with Fibromyalgia. Also downsizing and delegation are changes that should be adapted to the individual suffering from Fibromyalgia.
- Create A Schedule – Fibromyalgia sufferers often feel entirely overwhelmed with even the simplest of daily responsibilities. This feeling of being overwhelmed can be avoided by simply keeping a schedule for responsibilities such as household chores or tasks. Another hint is to create a schedule of responsibilities that can be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. Doing a little bit at a time becomes much easier when it’s planned out ahead of time.
Support Group And Treatment
Living successfully while struggling with fibromyalgia cannot be done without a loving and caring support group. The support of your family and friends can help beat those negative feelings that often threat to spill over and complicate life. Once a support group has been formulated and the steps mentioned above have been accomplished the next goal is to determine what treatment to use and implement so that the pain of fibromyalgia can be lessened. Choosing a fibromyalgia treatment is important because if the wrong treatment is picked then no relief will be had only more pain and further complications. Treating fibromyalgia with prescription medications could lead to severe complications and possible health delays. Choosing a natural treatment option is by far the safest treatment option making it less hazardous to the body.
Looking at natural fibromyalgia treatment options will help the patient know what his or her options are so here are a few: Yoga, Thai-Chi, Relaxation Techniques, Therapy and Herbal Supplements. Herbal Supplements have been used for centuries to help relieve certain ailments and the condition of fibromyalgia is one of them. The following are a few herbal supplements that have been tested and proven to help relieve the aches and pains that are so common place with fibromyalgia.
Some researchers believe that fibromyalgia patients have a vitamin D deficiency. Having a vitamin D deficiency means that there is not enough vitamin D in the body to process normal daily functions. This is because a vitamin D deficiency can be attributed to the many aches and pains that fibromyalgia sufferer’s experience.
Studies suggest that after four weeks, 5-HTP can significantly improve the pain, the number of painful tender points, stiffness, anxiety, fatigue and sleep.
Research indicates that many fibromyalgia patients do not have enough vitamin B12 in their cerebrospinal fluid. It is thought that taking a vitamin B12 supplement can greatly help with a few of the symptoms of fibromyalgia.