Herbal treatment for the condition known as fibromyalgia might not seem like it would make that much of a difference on the body that is bent over from crippling pain. When one thinks of drastic relief an herbal supplement is now usually on the radar, instead something like prescription medications, surgery or even a shot of something would seem to be a quicker more effective treatment option then using an herb that would take time to absorb into the system. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition of which there is no known cure so whichever treatment that is implemented must be one that is safe for long term usage.
Treating fibromyalgia with quick options like prescription medications might offer temporary relief but the medications are merely covering up a deeper issue. An herbal treatment or approach is a safe treatment option that offers no adverse side effects or addictive tendencies. The body reacts better to a non-foreign substance such as an herbal or natural method verses a prescription based treatment. Surprisingly there are several herbal supplements or ingredients that can help lessen fibromyalgia pain and increase the chances of the patient remaining mobile and productive, take a peek.
- Vitamin D – Studies shown that Vitamin D deficiencies are common among Fibromyalgia sufferers, and that increasing the intake of Vitamin D can be responsible for helping to provide relief from the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. It is important to make sure that an adequate amount of daily Vitamin D is a part of the diet if Fibromyalgia relief is trying to be reached.
- Fish Oil – is a supplement that has high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an exceptional source for reducing the pain that is associated with Fibromyalgia. Additional benefits of Fish Oil in Fibromyalgia sufferers are that it can also help to reduce depression and gastrointestinal upset.
- SAMe – is a supplement that is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is desirable for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA, as well as controlling mood and emotions. Research has shown that SAMe can aid in diminishing the symptoms of chronic pain as well as help to boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Capsaicin – is a natural substance that is extracted from hot pepper plants and then formulated into a medication that is used for a variety of conditions such as arthritis, nerve pain, as well as Fibromyalgia. When Capsaicin is used on the tender points of a person who suffers from Fibromyalgia a reduction in pain has been recognized.
- Ribose – Research has shown that Ribose can significantly reduce the symptoms of Fibromyalgia by improving energy, sleep, overall well-being, mental clarity, and of course pain tolerance. Another problem of Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles. Ribose can help to ease this pain because Ribose can help to release those muscles and help to improve the devastating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- Magnesium – aids in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as a supplement it can help to decrease the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia. Often times, Fibromyalgia sufferers are known to have severe magnesium deficiencies and as with any supplement if a deficiency can be corrected then the overall well-being of an individual will only improve.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an advantage to Fibromyalgia sufferers.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in persons who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were suffering on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.