How Supplements Can Improve The Quality Of Life For A Fibromyalgia Sufferer
The title of this article alone will catch any Fibromyalgia sufferer’s attention. Improving the quality of life is a big item on the “to do” list of every Fibromyalgia sufferer. For a little background on what Fibromyalgia is (for those reading who aren’t aware), Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes very widespread musculoskeletal pain as well as tenderness, Fibromyalgia also causes extreme fatigue and many other symptoms in addition to pain and fatigue. Currently there is no cure for Fibromyalgia and the diagnosis and treatment process for Fibromyalgia patients is still being tweaked within the medical community. However, there are options for Fibromyalgia treatment other than prescription medications that can help to improve the quality of life and lessen the symptoms that are experienced on a daily basis.
The supplements that are used for Fibromyalgia treatment have been used in clinical studies to show various results in providing symptomatic relief for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Each Fibromyalgia sufferer differs in the number of symptoms, as well as the level of pain that they experience, so what works for one individual as a treatment may not work for another. The key to using supplements for Fibromyalgia treatment is to find the supplement that works on a personal level at providing Fibromyalgia relief.
- Vitamin D is considered the “sunshine vitamin”. A normal amount is commonly allocated by exposure to the sun, however in today’s busy society many individuals do not spend enough time in the sun which happens to be the best source of Vitamin D. However, in supplemental form Vitamin D can in fact aid in providing Fibromyalgia treatment by helping to lessen the symptoms (especially symptoms such as depression and/or anxiety) that are experienced on a daily basis.
- SAMe (also known as S-Adenosyl methionine) is a synthetic form of a compound which the body already naturally produces. SAMe is needed for immune function and also plays a key role in the formation of cartilage and DNA. As individuals age the body naturally produces less of SAMe, thus it is good for Fibromyalgia patients to take SAMe as a supplement because it helps to lessen the symptoms of chronic pain and boost the overall spirit of the
Fibromyalgia sufferer (which is good for those dealing with depression and/or anxiety).
- Fish Oil is known for having anti-inflammatory properties which can be highly beneficial to those suffering from pain associated with Fibromyalgia.
- Ribose can help to increase energy (a major factor for those dealing with Fibromyalgia fatigue) significantly. Additionally Ribose helps to relax and release muscle tension that tends to cause Fibromyalgia pain.
- B-Complex Vitamins which include folic acid, riboflavin, as well as thiamine help to reduce inflammation when kept at adequate levels in the body. Specifically Vitamin B6 has been known to protect against the inflammation that is often the cause of Fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Magnesium is a mineral that plays a major role within every single body part. It is critical for the health of the heart, kidneys, and bones, and helps individuals to avoid muscle spasms, back pain, and muscle weakness. Each of these helpful properties of Magnesium are all beneficial to Fibromyalgia patients who tend to have problems in these areas.
- Brown Seaweed Extract is a supplement that has been shown by studies to help fight the chronic pain which is common among Fibromyalgia sufferers. Research has shown that Brown Seaweed Extract can help to reduce joint pain and stiffness significantly, and the positive effects of taking Brown Seaweed Extract can be felt after only one week of using it.
- Capsaicin is another natural substance that is found in extracts from the hot pepper plants and then formulated into a medicated cream that is used for conditions like arthritis, nerve pain, as well as Fibromyalgia. While it seems like an oxymoron to use capsaicin cream for sensations that are being felt like burning or tingling symptoms, studies have shown that when applied to the skin in the areas where inflammation has taken place it can actually help to reduce this inflammation. It is important that the use of capsaicin cream for Fibromyalgia treatment be used properly; the use of gloves when applying the cream and/or the washing of hands after use is extremely important.