Learning To Live With Fibromyalgai
Fibromyalgai is a condition which is estimated to affect more than five million individuals over the age of 18 in the United States. Of those five million individuals more than 80 percent are women; however men and children can also be diagnosed with the condition of Fibromyalgia. With this high of a number of individuals being diagnosed with the condition and living with Fibromyalgai every day it is important that Fibromyalgai sufferers learn to cope with the symptoms and live life the fullest as much as possible. While there is currently no known cure for the condition of Fibromyalgia there are many different treatment options that can aid in allowing a Fibromyalgai sufferer to live life as much to the fullest as possible. Steps can be taken to help manage their overall health and pace of life that will aid in decreasing the number and amount of symptoms that are experienced on a daily basis.
Avoiding Fibromyalgai Flare Ups
Fibromyalgai is a condition which can have a roller coaster effect on the individuals who suffer from it, there are good days and then there are bad days, and then there are really bad days, these really bad days are often referred to as Fibro “Flare Ups”. Fibromyalgai sufferers are always thankful for the periods of good days, also referred to as remission, but must expect the flare ups to occur and be prepared to deal with them properly when they do happen. As fatigue and pain are the most complained of symptoms that occur in a Fibro flare up these two symptoms will be discussed:
- Pain – when the Fibro flare ups take place acute pain can become almost unbearable. When this type of pain is present it is most likely to be worse in the mornings (when stiffness is present) or when stress, fatigue, or anxiety is at higher rates than normal. Other changes that can affect the pain levels are weather. It is important for Fibromyalgai sufferers to be aware of the changes that can trigger a flare up with their own personal Fibromyalgai in order to plan for dealing with the symptoms.
- Fatigue – the levels of fatigue are very much like a roller coaster in the individual who experiences Fibromyalgia symptoms. When fatigue overtakes a Fibromyalgai sufferer just completed simple tasks that need to be done in the normal course of a day can become overwhelming and exhausting. Preparation and planning ahead for when these days do take place is important. On the days when a Fibromyalgai sufferer feels good and has fewer symptoms taking advantage of those days is important, however they should never overdo it or the following day could well be a flare up day.
Taking Care on a Daily Basis
One of the best things to remember when it comes to Fibromyalgai health is that the condition can consume a person if they allow the symptoms to overcome them. Being able to properly take care of themselves on a daily basis in order to prevent the symptoms from becoming unbearable should be a top priority. Some of the ways that a Fibromyalgai sufferer can accomplish this is by prioritizing their emotional health, sleep habits, nutrition as well as exercise.
- Emotional Health – the overall emotional health of a Fibromyalgai sufferer is extremely important. It is important that communication between family, friends, and of course their physicians takes place on a regular basis in order to address the needs of the Fibromyalgia sufferer. One of the most important aspects of emotional health is learning to properly deal with stress, because stress can negatively exacerbate the symptoms of Fibromyalgia and make them worse. Learning to deal with stress either by the use of mediation, yoga, tai chi or other techniques can make a huge difference in the life of the Fibromyalgai sufferer.
- Sleep Habits – are also extremely important in the overall well-being of the Fibromyalgai sufferer. Ways to achieve proper sleep habits can be accomplished by sticking to a schedule, avoiding alcohol and caffeine, developing a routine, and even keeping the room for sleeping cool and dark in order to induce better sleep.
- Nutrition – there is of course no magical food that can be eaten in order to completely eliminate the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. However, there are some specific foods which have been proven by research to either aid in decreasing symptoms or on the other hand foods that can aggravate the symptoms of Fibromyalgai. Knowing what these trigger foods are and which foods should be added to the daily nutritional intake can make a huge different in the life of a Fibromyalgai sufferer.
- Exercise – while many individuals think that exercise will only hurt them more in regards to their symptoms, this is actually not true. When proper techniques and routine exercise is practiced among Fibromyalgia sufferers they can expect to see less symptoms from the pain of the condition.