Natural Treatments Trump Prescription
Pain surrounds the everyday life of one who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia therefore they must seek out and input a treatment option so as to avoid debilitating symptoms. There are two approaches to treatment the first one and by far the most common is the use of prescription medications.
There are four types of prescription medications are used to bring pain under control, improve sleep, increase energy and help improve the mood of fibromyalgia sufferers.
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Anti-depressant medications
- Muscle relaxant medications
Side Effect Of Medication
Though they are easy to use medications can bring along several side effects such as:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tightness In The Chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- Unusual Hoarseness
- Chest Pain
- Difficult or painful urination
- Excessive Sweating
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Loss of coordination
- Mood or mental changes (example: depression)
- Red, blistered, swollen or peeling skin
- Severe dizziness or light-headedness
- Severe or persistent headache
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviors
Chiropractic care regularly falls within the category of alternative treatment; however it is becoming much more accepted by both the mainstream medical community as well as an acceptable form of Fibromyalgia treatment. The main determination behind the concept of chiropractic care is to aid in lessening symptoms of pain and other issues by correcting any imbalances in the skeletal configuration. The forms of adjustment of the skeletal structure are made through techniques such as stretches, adjustments, as well as manipulations where the imbalance can be restored and results in lessening of symptoms.
Chiropractic care as used for Fibromyalgia treatment has become increasingly more popular because of the ability for chiropractic care to benefit the Fibromyalgia sufferer and offer pain and stress relief that is so often related to Fibromyalgia. Many Fibromyalgia sufferers suffer from ongoing backaches, foot pain, or leg cramps, and chiropractic care can aid in lessening those symptoms.
Coping with fibromyalgia is particularly difficult because the symptoms are invisible as well as chronic and a person can’t simply “get over” fibromyalgia with the passage of neither time nor wishful thinking, no matter how much they may want to. Aromatherapy promises to help fibromyalgia sufferers decrease their pain, while improving their mood and outlook on life. Here are just a few ways that aromatherapy is helping aide in the relief of fibromyalgia pain and symptoms.
- They can relieve the pain of fibromyalgia – The pain relief people experience is repeatedly noticeable and swift. This in itself is a most wonderful thing because pain can be taken care of naturally, decreasing the risk of the unwanted side effects as well as reducing the possibility of addiction to painkillers.
- Oils can have an obvious effect on one’s psychological and emotional state. Oils have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, therefore positively affecting the mind. Oils have the potential to:
- Relieve anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Increase concentration
- Relieve depression.
- Can relieve many of the neuropsychiatric and emotional problems associated to this condition
Aromatherapy is becoming more and more popular because of the effects that aromatherapy appears to have on pain sensation and mood. Aromatherapy is administered in different ways, which can include:
- Inhalation: direct as well as indirect, and dilution:
- massage oils
- water sprays
- bath salts
Supplements are an attractive treatment options due to their ease of use but minus the negative side effects that often go hand in hand with medications.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an added bonus to those with Fibromyalgia.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were experiencing on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.