Pick Your Battle
With children parents learn early on that they must pick their battles or else every decision every day could possibly come with an argument or dissention. Dissention is part of our daily life in various areas of life. Dissention between husbands and wives occur, employer and employee, dissention between friends and even dissention between doctor and his or her patient. When dissention occurs how is it handled? Is both parties willing to talk out the issue, hear both sides and then come to a conclusion on what is best for both parties involved in the disagreements?
Talking things out and learning when to concede is an important character trait and one that could help prevent further health complications in the life of a fibromyalgia patient. There is a misconception that those in the medical field always know what is best for the patients they are treating, this is not always true. There are times when medical professionals will push a treatment on his or her patient that may not be in their best interest. Prescription medications are a popular treatment choice and one that most medical professionals feel is the best and only way to treat such a difficult condition; however it is not always the safest or most effective treatment option.
The Pitfall Of Prescriptions
Often prescription medications are the first line of defense when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment. However, individuals who suffer from this condition should understand that often time’s lifestyle changes and alternative treatments can provide much more relief to the musculoskeletal pain and tenderness as well as other symptoms that they commonly face on a daily basis and when alternative treatments are used they help avoid complicated side effects such as these:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- Bizarre Behavior
- Black or Bloody Stools
- Chest Pain
- Decreased Concentration
- Decreased Coordination
- Exaggerated Reflexes
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Fever, chills or sore throat
- Memory Loss
- New or worsening mental or mood changes (examples: agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness or inability to sit still)
- Persistent or severe ringing in the ears
- Persistent, painful erection
- Red, swollen, blistered or peeling skin
- Severe or persistent anxiety or trouble sleeping
- Severe or persistent headache or dizziness
- Significant weight loss
- Stomach pain
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Unusual bone pain or unexplained swelling
- Tenderness or bruising
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Unusual weakness
- Vision changes
- Worsening of depression
Alternative Life Choices
Lifestyle changes can be one of the most critical forms of treatment that will yield the most beneficial outcomes when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment. If Fibromyalgia sufferers can begin to understand the importance of self-care then often treatment for finding relief is much more possible.
- Stress Reduction –stress is a factor that is known to increase Fibromyalgia symptoms. This is why it is so important for individuals seeking Fibromyalgia treatment to develop a way to avoid stress or at least learn to deal with it properly when it does occur.
- Sleep – Getting enough rest is vital to those with Fibromyalgia. This is often a difficult task as the pain that is associated with Fibromyalgia can affect a person’s sleep patterns. Studies have shown that proper sleep patterns, such as getting up and going to bed at the same time on a daily basis, can be beneficial to those seeking Fibromyalgia treatment.
- Exercise – Individuals who need relief from Fibromyalgia can use exercise and physical therapy to help lessen their symptoms. It is important that exercise is begun gradually and completed regularly if relief is to be found, but stretching, good posture, and relaxation exercises have been proven to provide Fibromyalgia relief.
- Health – Eating healthy food and limiting caffeine intake can help to decrease the pain associated with Fibromyalgia. It is significant for individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia to pace themselves by not doing too much or too little in order to keep their bodies in a particular state of health.
Certain therapies for pain and stress management can be highly beneficial to those seeking to find a natural Fibromyalgia treatment as well. A few suggested therapies known for assisting in relief for Fibromyalgia treatment would include:
- Chiropractic Care
- Massage Therapy