Prescriptions, Supplements And Smelling Fibro Goodness
Since there is no cure for the chronic condition of fibromyalgia, all that the sufferer can do is take a fibromyalgia treatment option on a regular basis over a long period of time so that the symptoms can be quelled. Now, there are some natural, more holistic options but most physicians or medical professionals will not start off recommending those options. They will most likely focus on the prescription med option that can be taken orally for the prophylaxis of fibromyalgia. All of the currently used medications were never designed for long term fibromyalgia use; they were made for helping depressed patients and epilepsy. These meds, depression meds and medications, can actually cause a number of side effects because of their design and purpose of healing. People have reported that after a prolonged usage of these drugs side effect such as liver and kidney problems, tightening of the chest and even heart attacks have ensued. So take caution to how long or even if you should take these meds for your fibromyalgia treatment.
Fixing Your Joint Pain
The symptoms of a fibromyalgia attack can be very extensive and can come up through the fibromyalgia process in different combinations which really keep the fibromyalgia sufferer on their toes and can overwhelm them at best because they don’t know what to expect. The most common symptom felt by most every fibromyalgia sufferer is pain; the pain is usually joint and muscle related with throbbing, pounding and unrelenting agony. However pain isn’t the only symptoms can range from: fatigue, depression, anxiety, soreness in muscles, stiffness in your joints and even erratic behavioral changes. The symptoms can only be relieved with the use of a fibromyalgia treatment option; they can be anything from acupuncture to herbal remedies. The fact is that you must take these treatments, whichever one you choose, on a regular basis to affect any change with your fibromyalgia condition.
Supplementing The Right Treatment
Instead of having to use prescription drugs over a long term basis which can be hurtful, you can take nature’s remedies and utilize the herbs, minerals and vitamins that can minimize the frequency and the intensity of the fibro attacks along with their symptoms. Here are a few of them:
- Vitamin D – Research has shown that Vitamin D can help with the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. In fact, one specific study shows that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia have lower levels of Vitamin D, thus increasing Vitamin D can help to lessen the symptoms caused by Fibromyalgia.
- Fish Oil – Fish oil has omega-3 fatty acids which are known to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an excellent source for reducing the pain associated with Fibromyalgia.
- SAMe – This particular supplement is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is needed for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA. Research has shown that SAMe can lessen the symptoms of chronic pain as well as boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Capsaicin – When Capsaicin is used on the tender points of a person who suffers from Fibromyalgia a decrease in pain has been notated in some research.
- Ribose – Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles. Ribose can help to ease this pain because Ribose can help to loosen those muscles and help to improve the debilitating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- Magnesium – Mg or magnesium can aid in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as an additional supplement it can help to reduce the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia.
An Essential Method Of Treatment
Coping with fibromyalgia is particularly difficult because the symptoms are invisible as well as chronic and a person can’t simply “get over” fibromyalgia with the passage of neither time nor wishful thinking, no matter how much they may want to. So therefore, among other alternative methods, aromatherapy promises to help fibromyalgia sufferers decrease their pain, while improving their mood and outlook on life. Plus, it usually accompanied by massage therapy as well. The intense and painful headaches that come with the condition of fibromyalgia can sometimes be treated with peppermint or lavender oil. Not all oils are created the same. It is best to do some research prior to purchasing any essential oils. It is also important to ensure that pure essential oils are being purchased.