Regaining Control After A Diagnosis Of Fibromyalgai
The effects of Fibromyalgai are far reaching; the condition does not stop at just affecting the Fibromyalgai sufferer in ways of physical nature but also those of emotional nature as well. Fibromyalgai can affect all areas of life from employment to relationships, parenting to friendships, to even interfering with daily tasks and/or responsibilities. Sometimes the fatigue and chronic pain can be so overwhelming that a Fibromyalgai sufferer may not even want to get out of bed in the morning because the tasks and responsibilities of the day can seem nearly impossible.
When the pain and fatigue become overwhelming it is important for Fibromyalgai sufferers to regain control as soon as possible and take steps towards treatment of their symptoms. Fibromyalgai does not only present itself with pain and fatigue, it can affect many other areas of life and these must also be dealt with:
- Depression – this is one of the other symptoms that so commonly occur among Fibromyalgai sufferers. Because of the overwhelming nature of the condition and symptoms that a person deals with many Fibromyalgai patients also deal with depression.
- Cognitive Issues – another symptom of Fibromyalgai is that of cognitive difficulties such as issues with memory and concentration. Most often these cognitive difficulties are due to the extreme amount of pain and fatigue that can overshadow every area of their lives.
- Heightened Sensitivity – there are times when the pain that is associated with Fibromyalgai can be so severe that even the touch of clothing to the skin can be completely unbearable. Other problems with heightened sensitivity include bright lights, sounds, smells, or even touch.
- Decisions – studies show that many Fibromyalgai sufferers have stated that they experienced significant effects on their decision making when it comes to decision making regarding the future, relationships, or employment.
How to Regain Control
Once an individual who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia understands the full impact of that diagnosis then proper treatment can begin to take place. Fibromyalgai is a chronic condition that can sometimes feel like a roller coaster ride, with dips of symptoms and recession like periods, to rises in symptoms which are referred to as flare ups. Learning to expect these fluctuations and deal with them properly when they occur is vital to being able to regain control of their lives. Prevention techniques and treatment options vary widely in the world of Fibromyalgai relief, but finding the one that works the best on a personal level will provide the most individual relief that a Fibromyalgai sufferer needs to regain control of their own lives. Some of the treatment options for regaining control of their lives are as follows:
- Prescription Medication – often treat the most common symptoms of Fibromyalgia like deep muscle pain, anxiety, depression, sleep problems, or fatigue. Some of the most commonly used prescription medications for Fibromyalgai are Analgesics, Antidepressants, or Antiseizure drugs. However, often time’s prescription medications can cause negative side effects or become habit forming for the individuals who are taking them in hopes of finding relief. When the negative side effects outweigh the positive outcomes for relief then other options for treatment should be considered.
- Chiropractic Care – the use of chiropractic care for Fibromyalgai relief has been proven by research to be successful and beneficial to the Fibromyalgai sufferer. Chiropractic care is recognized for promoting a more natural practice to holistic healing and utilizes spinal manipulations, adjustments, as well as realignments or physical therapy in order to help relieve the pain of Fibromyalgai.
- Acupuncture – this is another form of treatment for Fibromyalgai which uses a form of ancient Chines medicine in order to provide relief from symptoms. Research has proven that acupuncture can in fact be beneficial to providing Fibromyalgai relief, especially in regards to relaxation and the lessening of pain and/or fatigue. Fibromyalgai sufferers can expect to see relief in as little as one treatment, and studies have shown that relief from Fibromyalgai using acupuncture can last longer than other forms of treatment.
- Light Massage – the idea of using light massage for Fibromyalgia relief has been proven successful in many different research studies. Massage therapy can aid in lessening the symptoms of Fibromyalgai by increasing blood circulation, flexibility, and range of motion, while decreasing stress, anxiety, swelling, stiffness, and even pain.
- Supplements – supplements such as SAMe, Ribose, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, B-Complex Vitamins, Magnesium, 5-HTP, or Brown Seaweed Extract have been shown to be successful at providing Fibromyalgia relief. This relief can be found without any of the negative side effects that are caused by prescription medications.