Save Yourself The Pain
Those that live in chronic pain as a result of being diagnosed with fibromyalgia struggle to find the energy to get out and face the day. Fibromyalgia is a painful condition that affects the whole body. There is much mystery surrounding the condition therefore an individual suffering from fibromyalgia often finds is challenging to find relief or an effective treatment. Medical professionals are unable to pinpoint and exact cause so treating the body wide pain is very difficult to do.
One that suffers with chronic fibromyalgia can spend the remainder of his or her life toting about a tackle box full of treatment options and prescription medications or they could save themselves time and pain be following a few simple tips and tricks.
- Energy Saving – fatigue is one of the greatest symptoms, other than pain, that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia complain about. It is important for adequate rest to be obtained when and where possible, and for energy saving to be a standard of life. If a person’s job or activities leaves them with little or no energy then consideration for changing the way work, commitments, projects, hobbies, as well as family or friends effects their energy levels.
- Adaptation – the pain of Fibromyalgia can affect the way individuals move about because bending over or reaching above their heads can lead to experiencing pain. Adapting to a way of life while living with Fibromyalgia is vital, individuals can do this by becoming creative and modifying the way they complete tasks in order to lessen the pain.
- Scheduling – often individuals suffering from Fibromyalgia feel completely overwhelmed with even the simplest tasks of daily life. This feeling can be avoided by keeping a schedule for simple tasks such as household chores or tasks. Another idea is to create a schedule of tasks that can be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. Doing a little bit at a time becomes much easier when it’s planned out ahead of time.
- Planning – planning for a bad day is a must for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Some days will be worse than others when it comes to the pain and fatigue that must be dealt with. Stocking up on meals that are easy to prepare, keeping disposable kitchen items, and being willing to ask for help when it’s needed are a must.
- Changes – being willing to do a little change can make a huge difference in the life of an individual dealing with Fibromyalgia. For instance if turning doorknobs or water faucets become painful and difficult a simple switch to a different fixture can make all the difference in the world. Other changes that should be considered are downsizing, and delegation.
The tips and tricks listed might not be an end all to fibromyalgia pain, however it can help lessen the pain and reduce the side effects and other symptoms that have been known to come with a chronic condition such as fibromyalgia.
Role Of A Medical Professional
The role of a medical professional is to help monitor the health and wellbeing of the patient during his or her journey to fibromyalgia relief. The medical professional can offer advice and help monitor the success of treatments. Keeping open and honest communication between yourself the patient and your medical professional can help with future treatment possibilities. AS the medical world advances your medical advisor or professional can keep you current on what is developing in the world of fibromyalgia so that when as treatment becomes available or new studies show various results you will be quickly notified.
The pain and symptoms of fibromyalgia are so hard to explain but there have been studies down on various treatments and the effect they can have on a sufferer. The medication known as Lycra has been known to offer relief but also comes with several harmful side effects. If you are worried about medications and the effect they can have consider using one of the suggested natural treatment options like, low impact exercise, occupational therapy, yoga, Thai-chi or other forms of relaxation techniques.