Stage Is Set For Success
Individuals who deal with the symptoms and various life complications that are related to Fibromyalgia often feel overwhelmed and unable to continue with their normal routines. However, it is vital to individual s suffering from Fibromyalgia to continue with life as normal as much as possible, because keeping somewhat active can actually aid in helping to lessen the symptoms, as long as the activity is kept within a normal balance. A few tips for dealing with Fibromyalgia in everyday life can be considered:
- Save Your Energy – fatigue is one of the greatest symptoms, other than pain, that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia complain about. It is important for adequate rest to be obtained when and where possible, and for energy saving to be a standard of life. If a person’s job or activities leaves them with little or no energy then consideration for changing the way work, commitments, projects, hobbies, as well as family or friends effects their energy levels.
- Learn How To Adapt – the pain of Fibromyalgia can affect the way individuals move about because bending over or reaching above their heads can lead to experiencing pain. Adapting to a way of life while living with Fibromyalgia is vital, individuals can do this by becoming creative and modifying the way they complete tasks in order to lessen the pain.
- Make A Schedule – often individuals suffering from Fibromyalgia feel completely overwhelmed with even the simplest tasks of daily life. This feeling can be avoided by keeping a schedule for simple tasks such as household chores or tasks. Another idea is to create a schedule of tasks that can be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. Doing a little bit at a time becomes much easier when it’s planned out ahead of time.
- Plan– planning for a bad day is a must for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Some days will be worse than others when it comes to the pain and fatigue that must be dealt with. Stocking up on meals that are easy to prepare, keeping disposable kitchen items, and being willing to ask for help when it’s needed are a must.
- Accept Change – being willing to do a little change can make a huge difference in the life of an individual dealing with Fibromyalgia. For instance if turning doorknobs or water faucets become painful and difficult a simple switch to a different fixture can make all the difference in the world. Other changes that should be considered are downsizing, and delegation.
Once a person is able to accept these things he or she is able to face life with fibromyalgia.
Treatments To Help Ease The Pain
Treating fibromyalgia is as close to a cure as one can get so the goal is to find a treatment that is doable, safe as well as effective. One of the best forms of approach would be an herbal or supplemental one. Taking natural herbs or supplements can help safely ease the pain without causing the body to reject what is being placed within it. The most common and effective supplements used in treating fibromyalgia would include:
Vitamin D – Research has shown that Vitamin D can help with the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. In fact, one specific study shows that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia have lower levels of Vitamin D, thus increasing Vitamin D can help to lessen the symptoms caused by Fibromyalgia.
Fish Oil – Has omega-3 fatty acids which are known to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an excellent source for reducing the pain associated with Fibromyalgia.
SAMe – This particular supplement is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is needed for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA. Research has shown that SAMe can lessen the symptoms of chronic pain as well as boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
Capsaicin – When Capsaicin is used on the tender points of a person who suffers from Fibromyalgia a decrease in pain has been notated in some research.
Ribose – Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles. Ribose can help to ease this pain because Ribose can help to loosen those muscles and help to improve the debilitating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
Magnesium – Can aid in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as an additional supplement it can help to reduce the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia.