Supplemental Treatments For Fibromyalgia Sufferers
There are many forms of treatment for Fibromyalgai sufferers. But many individuals tend to just look over the possibility of supplements being a viable treatment option to help provide them relief from their Fibromyalgai symptoms. After all supplements are Mother Nature’s all natural provision for aiding in the treatment of many different diseases and conditions, including Fibromyalgai. The one great thing about supplemental therapy to treat Fibromyalgai is that these supplements will not cause any negative side effects, nor are they habit forming like some of the prescription medications can be that are commonly used for Fibromyalgai treatment.
Supplemental therapies that are used to help lessen and decrease the symptoms of Fibromyalgia include the following options:
- Vitamin D – is an important substance that every human being needs in order for the bodies receptors to work correctly. Many Fibromyalgai sufferers suffer from Vitamin D deficiencies which can play a role in pain perception as well. Correcting this deficiency by taking a Vitamin D supplement can help to lessen the symptoms caused by Fibromyalgai.
- Vitamin C – can help to protect the muscles form free radical induced damage, reduces inflammation and helps to support the immune system, which are all important aspects of overall health for the Fibromyalgai sufferer.
- Fish Oil – is another supplemental treatment which can help to decrease the symptoms of Fibromyalgai because Fish Oil has anti-inflammatory benefits and can help to reduce swelling and relive other symptoms of Fibromyalgai such as gastrointestinal upset or even depression. Dosages of Fish oil can be taken regularly and comes in liquid or capsule form.
- SAMe – is a supplement that is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. Research suggests that SAMe can help to reduce the chronic pain and depressive symptoms that many Fibromyalgai sufferers deal with. It is also desirable for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA.
- Ribose – naturally occurs in plant and animal sources and is also manufactured within the body. However in supplemental form it can help to provide energy-enhancing benefits for those who suffer from the extreme fatigue of Fibromyalgai. Other research suggests that Ribose can also help with improve mental clarity, sleep, overall well-being, as well as to help decrease pain intensity.
- Magnesium – plays a key role in the normal functioning of nearly every single organ in the body, but it also plays a vital role in transmitting electrical impulses between the nerves and muscles. Research shows that the effect of Magnesium for Fibromyalgai sufferers can be beneficial because it can aid in decreasing muscle spasms, weakness, as well as back pain which are common symptoms among Fibromyalgia sufferers.
- B- Complex Vitamins – research has shown that many Fibromyalgai sufferers have a deficiency of B-Complex Vitamins, thus taking a supplemental dosage of B-Complex Vitamins can help to reduce this deficiency. Additionally studies have shown that B-Complex Vitamins can help to decrease inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, as well as help to maintain muscle tone which is an essential advantage to Fibromyalgia sufferers.
- 5-HTP – Studies have shown that 5-HTP can help to increase the levels of serotonin within the brain which can in turn have a positive effect on the way the body perceived pain; it can also help reduce sleep problems and depression as well as aid in reducing morning stiffness and anxiety.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Studies have proven that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is can be highly successful in the fight against chronic pain that so many Fibromyalgai sufferers deal with on a daily basis. Brown Seaweed Extract can help to reduce joint pain and stiffness and Fibromyalgai sufferers can expect to notice improvement in as little as one week of beginning treatment using Brown Seaweed Extract as a Fibromyalgia treatment.
- Chlorella – this is a supplement which can help to significantly improve the symptoms that Fibromyalgai sufferers commonly face. Chlorella has been suggested to help increase energy and help to reduce muscle pain.
While supplements are not necessarily accepted as a viable form of treatment for Fibromyalgai symptoms among everyone within the medical community it is necessary to note that research has proven each of these above listed supplements to be beneficial at providing sources of relief for those who suffer from Fibromyalgai symptoms. One theory as to why supplements are not as widely used for treating Fibromyalgai symptoms is that many physicians and doctor’s offices receive kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies which produce prescription medications, so the physicians and doctors may have reason to push for the pharmaceutical drugs. What is important to remember is that there are most certain instances where pharmaceutical intervention is needed to help reduce Fibromyalgia symptoms, however, the use of supplements should never be taken for granted. Supplemental therapies are nature’s way of providing all natural and beneficial treatment for reducing the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.