The Top 10 Signs of Fibromyalgai
It is important to note that every Fibromyalgai sufferer will most likely experience differing symptoms as well as differing levels of symptoms. The listing here is meant to be for informational purposes only, every Fibromyalgai sufferer will not necessarily have all of these symptoms, and some may have additional symptoms not listed, but the majority of Fibromyalgai symptoms will fall into the following 10 categories:
1) Chronic Pain – The main sign of Fibromyalgia is that of chronic pain. This pain is commonly described by Fibromyalgia sufferers as a deep muscular pain that includes aching, throbbing, stabbing, shooting, or burning sensations. The chronic pain that is associated with Fibromyalgai can interact and negatively exacerbate other symptoms of Fibromyalgia, especially those such as fatigue or sleep issues. Therefore it is important to address the chronic pain and find treatment options that will provide relief.
2) Fatigue – Is usually the second most prevalent sign of Fibormyalgia. The fatigue that is experienced by Fibromyalgai sufferers can get so bad that it can become completely disabling at times. The intense fatigue can leave the Fibromyalgia sufferer feeling as though their arms and legs are weighted down by heavy objects, and complete draining of energy takes place so that even completing the responsibilities and tasks of daily life are extremely difficult to accomplish.
3) Sleep Disturbances – Sleep disturbances (as well as insomnia) are another large part of the symptoms which are associated with the condition of Fibromyalgai. The sleep disturbances are often exacerbated by the chronic pain and when the sleep disturbances occur then the fatigue levels rise. It is important for Fibromyalgai sufferers to address sleep disturbances and try and accomplish as much deep and restorative sleep as possible during the nights in order to further reduce the chronic pain and fatigue symptoms.
4) Morning Stiffness – Morning stiffness is another common sign of the condition of Fibromyalgai. Most Fibromyalgai sufferers complain of waking in the morning with increased muscle stiffness. While the exact cause of this muscle stiffness isn’t fully understood some ways to treat the muscle stiffness include the use of massage and muscle relaxation techniques in order to help reduce morning stiffness.
5) Muscle Knots, Weakness, & Cramping – Muscle problems are high on the list of symptoms that Fibromyalgai sufferers deal with on a daily basis. Muscles that are tense or cramping can contribute to muscle weakness. It is important for muscle relaxation to take place as often as possible either through the use of massage or other means to deal with this issue.
6) Headaches and/ or Migraine Headaches – Another common sign of Fibromyalgia which occurs in about 50% to 70% of Fibromyalgai sufferers is the occurrence of headaches or migraine headaches. The source of these headaches and migraines is thought to be produced from the trigger or tender points which are located in the shoulders, neck and head muscles. Some of the ways to address these migraines and/or headaches is to utilize massage therapy, chiropractic care, as well as muscle relaxants to help ease these symptoms.
7) Brain Fog – Also referred to as “fibro fog” takes place when trouble concentrating, retaining information, or difficulty with overall brain function occurs. This occurrence is often thought to be a consequence of the sleep issues and fatigue, as well as how the pain receptors deal with the amount of pain that is being processed in the brain in Fibromyalgai sufferer. Managing the chronic pain and obtaining enough rest can help to reduce the signs of brain fog that appear in Fibromyalgai sufferers.
8) Digestive Disorders – Are another sign that commonly occurs among Fibromyalgia sufferers. Digestive disorders of Fibromyalgai sufferers may include abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas, acid reflux, irritable bowel, slowed digestion, or nausea. These symptoms occur in nearly 40%-70% of individuals who are suffering from the condition of Fibromyalgia.
9) Itchy or Burning Skin – Another sign of the condition of Fibromyalgai existing is that of burning or itching skin. While the skin of a Fibromyalgai sufferer may appear to be normal in regards to outward appearances, often times Fibromyalgai sufferers complain of burning or itching pain that described as feeling like sunburn.
10) Balance Issues – Walking problems and balance issues are symptoms which many Fibromyalgai sufferers experience. This phenomenon is caused in most Fibromyalgai sufferers by muscle weakness and other symptoms that commonly occur.
It is important for Fibromyalgia sufferers, or those who question if they might have the condition to carefully understand these signs of fibromyalgia in order to be more informed about the signs of the condition of Fibromyalgai. Stress management and addressing each of these signs with treatment can help to reduce the symptoms and lessen the issues that many Fibromyalgai sufferers face on a daily basis.