Tired Of the Madness?
Constant pain can create havoc to a person’s daily life and their ability to move forward towards a better tomorrow. When suffering from fibromyalgia each morning is faced with severe stiffness and muscle tension. Joint pain prohibits ease of movement. The pain and symptoms of fibromyalgia is most commonly felt in the soft tissue, muscle, tendons and joints. Soft tissue is located in several spots on the body such as: the elbow, neck, back, knees, shins, hips and shoulders. The pain is often felt the most at night and the individual suffering from the pain often struggles to find time to sleep and once he or she finally falls asleep the night is often interrupted from the pain and the fibromyalgia patient wakes up stiff, uncomfortable and just plain miserable the next day.
Treating fibromyalgia is the only way one will find the ability to function with fibromyalgia. There is no known cure thus creating some panic amongst those who have been diagnosed, they see the list of treatments and the possible side effects and the madness takes over. Slow down, breathe and stay calm there are a few practical steps one can take to ease his or her pain without giving into medications.
Individuals who suffer from this condition should understand that often time’s lifestyle changes and alternative treatments can provide much more relief to the musculoskeletal pain and tenderness as well as other symptoms that they commonly face on a daily basis. Lifestyle changes can be one of the most critical forms of treatment that will yield the most beneficial outcomes when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment. If Fibromyalgia sufferers can begin to understand the importance of self-care then often treatment for finding relief is much more possible.
Practical Steps To Easing Fibromyalgia Pain
Individuals who deal with the symptoms and various life complications that are related to Fibromyalgia often feel overwhelmed and unable to continue with their normal routines. However, it is vital to individuals suffering from Fibromyalgia to continue with life as normal as much as possible, because keeping somewhat active can actually aid in helping to lessen the symptoms, as long as the activity is kept within a normal balance. A few tips for dealing with Fibromyalgia in everyday life can be considered:
1. Save Energy – fatigue is one of the greatest symptoms, other than pain, that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia complain about. It is important for adequate rest to be obtained when and where possible, and for energy saving to be a standard of life. If a person’s job or activities leaves them with little or no energy then consideration for changing the way work, commitments, projects, hobbies, as well as family or friends effects their energy levels.
2. Adapt – the pain of Fibromyalgia can affect the way individuals move about because bending over or reaching above their heads can lead to experiencing pain. Adapting to a way of life while living with Fibromyalgia is vital, individuals can do this by becoming creative and modifying the way they complete tasks in order to lessen the pain.
3. Schedule – often individuals suffering from Fibromyalgia feel completely overwhelmed with even the simplest tasks of daily life. This feeling can be avoided by keeping a schedule for simple tasks such as household chores or tasks. Another idea is to create a schedule of tasks that can be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. Doing a little bit at a time becomes much easier when it’s planned out ahead of time.
4. Plan– planning for a bad day is a must for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Some days will be worse than others when it comes to the pain and fatigue that must be dealt with. Stocking up on meals that are easy to prepare, keeping disposable kitchen items, and being willing to ask for help when it’s needed are a must.
5. Accept Change – being willing to do a little change can make a huge difference in the life of an individual dealing with Fibromyalgia. For instance if turning doorknobs or water faucets become painful and difficult a simple switch to a different fixture can make all the difference in the world. Other changes that should be considered are downsizing, and delegation.