Topical Creams Might Not Be Enough
Biofreeze is a cold therapy pain relief treatment that most chiropractic’s prescribe to their patients that are suffering from intense pain in their limbs, muscle or joints. Biofreeze is designed to help temporarily relieve aches and pains allowing the aching patient a few brief moments of pain relief. Though the product works well for what it is, the product is unable to penetrate the deepest of aches and pains that are often connected with the chronic condition known as fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic mysterious condition that medical professionals are still trying to figure out. What little is known about this odd condition can easily be summarized by a four letter word – pain. Pain pretty much sums up fibromyalgia and fibromyalgia symptoms and characteristics. From what is known about the condition is that the pain of fibromyalgia is body wide making most movements painful and miserable ones. Upon the first signs of this condition individuals that might potentially be suffering from it tend to feel as though their pain is stemming from their joints when the reality is that the pain is stemming from the soft tissue that is located in 18 tender spots on the body.
The pain can become so severe that individuals often find his or herself limited to what he or she is able to do throughout the day. This pain is a consistent one and though topical creams might suffice for all of five minutes that pain quickly returns and further treatment is needed. Treating fibromyalgia is no easy task. The underlying or root cause for fibromyalgia is still unknown therefore treating a mystery of a condition is nearly impossible so medical professionals can only take a guess at what treatments will work at helping relieve the pain. Studies have shown that prescription medications can help ease discomfort but the side effects are drastic so a natural alternative is often recommended instead.
Natural alternatives for fibromyalgia treatment can include measures such as Yoga, Thai-Chi, and Chiropractic Care and or massage therapy. Newer studies have shown that herbal supplements combined with the above methods could drastically reduce ones pain levels and help get the patient on the road to mobility again. So which supplements are most effective at relieving fibromyalgia pain?
- Vitamin D – Studies shown that Vitamin D deficiencies are common among Fibromyalgia sufferers, and that increasing the intake of Vitamin D can be responsible for helping to provide relief from the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. It is important to make sure that an adequate amount of daily Vitamin D is a part of the diet if Fibromyalgia relief is trying to be reached.
- Fish Oil – is a supplement that has high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an exceptional source for reducing the pain that is associated with Fibromyalgia. Additional benefits of Fish Oil in Fibromyalgia sufferers are that it can also help to reduce depression and gastrointestinal upset.
- SAMe – is a supplement that is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is desirable for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA, as well as controlling mood and emotions. Research has shown that SAMe can aid in diminishing the symptoms of chronic pain as well as help to boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Ribose – Research has shown that Ribose can significantly reduce the symptoms of Fibromyalgia by improving energy, sleep, overall well-being, mental clarity, and of course pain tolerance. Another problem of Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an advantage to Fibromyalgia sufferers.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in persons who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were suffering on a daily basis.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.