Treating Fibromyalgai Alternatively
A diagnosis of Fibromyalgai can be absolutely overwhelming. However, this condition alone affects more than 5 million Americans so it’s not a condition that is necessarily vague. While there is no cure for this condition, there are ways in which to treat the symptoms as well as the underlying causes of the Fibromyalgai. The symptoms of Fibromyalgia include pain that is often described as a constant or dull ache that is usually generated in and around the muscles, the other main symptoms of Fibromyalgai is fatigue. There are other common symptoms that are listed among Fibromyalgai sufferers such as anxiety, depression, endometriosis, headaches, or complications with irritable bowel syndrome.
Often times the main form of treatment within the medical world adapts the use of prescription medications for the treatment of Fibromyalgai and its symptoms. Most commonly the forms of medications used for Fibromyalgai treatment are as Analgesics, Antidepressants, as well as Anti-seizure medications. However, often times these prescription medications can cause negative side effects or even worse become habit forming in the individuals who are taking it to reduce symptoms.
However, there are alternative ways to treat Fibromyalgai that will both bring results and relief while being much healthier to the overall well-being of the body.
Alternative Treatments for Fibromyalgia
As with most conditions there are usually alternative approaches to treatment that can be found with just a little bit of searching. The pharmaceutical companies and physicians often push the prescription medications, but many times effective relief can be found via an alternate route of treatment. Some of the ways in which Fibromyalgai can be treated alternatively are as follows:
- Biofeedback – a process in which the individual can begin to gain more control over their nervous system, thus aiding in more relief from the Fibromyalgia. The most common form of Biofeedback used for the treatment of Fibromyalgia is electromyography (also called EMG).
- Massage – Stress is one of the highest contributing factors to individuals with Fibromyalgia. But stress management, and more specifically the use of massage can greatly reduce some of the symptoms produced by Fibromyalgia.
- Acupuncture – another form of therapy that can aid in Fibromyalgia relief is the use of acupuncture. This therapy can provide relief from Fibromyalgia for a few days up to a few weeks, depending on the patient.
- Lifestyle Changes – Self-care in an individual who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia is critical. Stress reduction, sleep habits, exercise routines, as well as general health in regards to nutrition can play a very large role in how much or how little pain is felt because of the Fibromyalgia.
The use of supplements for Fibromyalgai treatment has been shown to be highly successful in research. The following supplements can aid in providing symptom relief from Fibromyalgai without causing any negative side effects as well as not being habit forming in nature:
- Vitamin D –can help with the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. Studies show that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia have lesser levels of Vitamin D, thus increasing Vitamin D can help to reduce the symptoms caused by Fibromyalgia.
- SAMe –is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is needed for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of DNA as well as cartilage. SAMe can diminish the symptoms of chronic pain as well as increase an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Fish Oil – and Omega 3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties which is important for those suffering from Fibromyalgai.
- Capsaicin – can decrease pain that is commonly associated with Fibromyalgai symptoms.
- Magnesium –can aid to reducing the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly linked with Fibromyalgia.
- Ribose –can help to ease the pain of tight muscles because Ribose can help to loosen those muscles and help to improve the debilitating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms of Fibromyalgia, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an additional advantage to those with Fibromyalgia.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and Fibromyalgai sufferers can expect to notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.
- 5-HTP – can significantly decrease the tender points as well as the amount of pain that is experienced on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.