Ways To Treat Fibromyalgia On A Daily Basis
Joint pain associated with fibromyalgia can be severe and difficult to live with. The pain that comes with fibromyalgia can control one’s quality of life and his or her productivity. Fibromyalgia sufferers can use a variety of methods to treat fibromyalgia however not every treatment is safe to use on a daily basis.
Practicality Wins Out
One does not have to go to great lengths to find relief from their fibromyalgia pain. There are several practical steps one can take to help reduce his or her painful flare ups such as:
- Save Your Energy – fatigue is one of the greatest symptoms, other than pain, that individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia complain about. It is important for adequate rest to be obtained when and where possible, and for energy saving to be a standard of life. If a person’s job or activities leaves them with little or no energy then consideration for changing the way work, commitments, projects, hobbies, as well as family or friends effects their energy levels.
- Learn How To Adapt – the pain of Fibromyalgia can affect the way individuals move about because bending over or reaching above their heads can lead to experiencing pain. Adapting to a way of life while living with Fibromyalgia is vital, individuals can do this by becoming creative and modifying the way they complete tasks in order to lessen the pain.
- Make A Schedule – often individuals suffering from Fibromyalgia feel completely overwhelmed with even the simplest tasks of daily life. This feeling can be avoided by keeping a schedule for simple tasks such as household chores or tasks. Another idea is to create a schedule of tasks that can be completed on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis. Doing a little bit at a time becomes much easier when it’s planned out ahead of time.
- Plan– planning for a bad day is a must for Fibromyalgia sufferers. Some days will be worse than others when it comes to the pain and fatigue that must be dealt with. Stocking up on meals that are easy to prepare, keeping disposable kitchen items, and being willing to ask for help when it’s needed are a must.
- Accept Change – being willing to do a little change can make a huge difference in the life of an individual dealing with Fibromyalgia. For instance if turning doorknobs or water faucets become painful and difficult a simple switch to a different fixture can make all the difference in the world. Other changes that should be considered are downsizing, and delegation.
A Whole New Level
Practical steps such as the ones mentioned above are an excellent first step in relieving fibromyalgia pain and they can be done on a daily basis. One other daily treatment plan is the use of herbal supplements. Herbal supplements are a safe and natural tool for easing the pain and discomfort of Fibromyalgia. The most popular supplemental choices would be:
Fish Oil – Has omega-3 fatty acids which are known to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an excellent source for reducing the pain associated with Fibromyalgia.
SAMe – This particular supplement is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is needed for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA. Research has shown that SAMe can lessen the symptoms of chronic pain as well as boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
Capsaicin – When Capsaicin is used on the tender points of a person who suffers from Fibromyalgia a decrease in pain has been notated in some research.
Ribose – Fibromyalgia is often caused because of tight muscles. Ribose can help to ease this pain because Ribose can help to loosen those muscles and help to improve the debilitating symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
Magnesium – Can aid in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as an additional supplement it can help to reduce the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia.
B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an added bonus to those with Fibromyalgia.