What Would You Do For Relief?
Fibromyalgia sufferers can find relief from their pain through various means outside of the use of prescription medications. Prescription medications seems to be an easy “go to” method for most fibromyalgia sufferers but it does not need to be, there are other relief options to consider that are natural and safe in nature such as aromatherapy and acupuncture.
Fibromyalgia syndrome is an extremely difficult disorder to have to endure. As a result, more and more fibromyalgia patients are looking towards alternative treatments to help reduce their symptoms and manage their fibromyalgia syndrome.
Coping with fibromyalgia is particularly difficult because the symptoms are invisible as well as chronic and a person can’t simply “get over” fibromyalgia with the passage of neither time nor wishful thinking, no matter how much they may want to. So therefore, among other alternative methods, aromatherapy promises to help fibromyalgia sufferers decrease their pain, while improving their mood and outlook on life.
Oils can help individuals with fibromyalgia, How?
- They can relieve the pain of fibromyalgia – The pain relief people experience is repeatedly noticeable and swift. This in itself is a most wonderful thing because pain can be taken care of naturally, decreasing the risk of the unwanted side effects as well as reducing the possibility of addiction to painkillers.
- Oils can have an obvious effect on one’s psychological and emotional state. Oils have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, therefore positively affecting the mind. Oils have the potential to:
- Relieve anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Increase concentration
- Relieve depression.
- Can relieve many of the neuropsychiatric and emotional problems associated to this condition
Aromatherapy is becoming more and more popular because of the effects that aromatherapy appears to have on pain sensation and mood. Aromatherapy is administered in different ways, which can include:
- Inhalation: direct as well as indirect, and dilution:
- massage oils
- water sprays
- bath salts
Which Aromatherapy Do You need?
The great thing about aromatherapy is the wide variety of oils to help specified needs, concerns or issues. Not every fibromyalgia sufferer endures the same types of pain, therefore specified treatment is needed to bring about the desired amount of relief and the following list should prove to be helpful:
- Pain Relief: spike lavender, sweet marjoram, lavender, Roman and German chamomile, clary sage, lemongrass, helichrysum, and peppermint Side note: Spike lavender along with peppermint and helichrysum together has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Stress / Anxiety: frankincense, sweet orange, bergamot, grapefruit, ylang ylang, sandalwood, neroli, mandarin, lavender, rose geranium, tangerine, jasmine
- Sleep Improvement: lavender, neroli, jasmine, marjoram, Roman chamomile
- Headaches: peppermint, marjoram, Roman chamomile, lavender (a peppermint stick that you can buy at a drug store also works exceptionally well when rubbed on your temples for headaches)
- Increased circulation: rosemary, ginger, black pepper, peppermint, lemongrass, rose geranium
- Increase energy: lemon, grapefruit, geranium
- Relaxation: lavender, chamomile, jasmine
- To ease sore joints and muscles: black pepper, eucalyptus, peppermint, juniper
Acupuncture as a therapy originated as traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is based on the premise that there are patents of energy that flow through the body are and essential to total body health. Acupuncture uses stimulation of specific acu-points on the skin by inserting needles that range in length from 1 cm to 10 cm. A typical treatment involves the use of 5 to 15 needles and the generally the acu-points vary during each treatment session.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Fibromyalgia Patients
Acupuncture aims to treat the particular symptoms that are unique to each Fibromyalgia sufferer. Individual treatment is vital for achieving relief as each person deals with and experiences differing Fibromyalgia symptoms. Studies have proven that in fact acupuncture can be beneficial to providing relief in Fibromyalgia sufferers especially in regards to pain and relaxation which aids in lessening fatigue. Many individuals who have used Fibromyalgia as a course of treatment for Fibromyalgia symptoms reported having an overall decrease in pain after only one session, and most reported an ability to fall asleep naturally and sleep deeper and longer on the nights that followed an acupuncture session. Other areas which acupuncture can be of benefit to Fibromyalgia Sufferers are by:
- Lessens Pain
- Lessens Fatigue
- Increasing Energy Levels
- Increases Relaxation
- Aids in Immunity (Better overall Health)
- Very Low Risk
- No Drug Interactions