What’s Safer Than Natural
Stop seeking out any old treatment for your fibromyalgia pain; you’re not going to get anywhere unless you purpose to find a treatment plan that works. Fibromyalgia is a very complex condition that can be a hindrance to one’s mobility and functionality. Often prescription medications are the first line of defense when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment, but medications are not always the safest form of approach. Prescription medications can leave behind a whole long list of side effects such as:
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- Unusual Hoarseness
- Aggressive Behavior
- Breast Growth
- Chest Pain
- Memory Problems (example: amnesia)
- Mental or mood changes
- Painful menstrual periods
- Severe mood swings
- Suicidal thoughts
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Symptoms of infection (examples: fever, sore throat, sinus or chest congestion)
- Unusual or disturbing thoughts
Though medications may sound like a simple treatment plan that does not mean that it is the safest. To lessen one’s risk of developing physically painful, emotional and mental side effects such as the one’s listed a natural treatment option should be considered. Natural treatments can consist of therapeutic approaches such as massage, aromatherapy and herbal supplements.
The two main symptoms that are presented by the condition of Fibromyalgia are fatigue and pain. Massage therapy can aid in lessening both of these symptoms by helping the Fibromyalgia suffer to be able to experience less pain, obtain more sleep, and also to help relax some of the tightened and stiff muscles that can contribute to much of the pain. Research has proven that the use of massage therapy as a form of Fibromyalgia treatment can help Fibromyalgia sufferers experience deeper levels of sleep and lessen levels of pain and fatigue. The way that massage therapy accomplishes this is by using the different forms of massage to help oxygenate the body as a whole which can decrease the severity of symptoms that a Fibromyalgia sufferer will experience.
Acupuncture as a therapy originated as traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture is based on the premise that there are patents of energy that flow through the body are and essential to total body health. Acupuncture uses stimulation of specific acu-points on the skin by inserting needles that range in length from 1 cm to 10 cm. A typical treatment involves the use of 5 to 15 needles and the generally the acu-points vary during each treatment session.
Chiropractic care regularly falls within the category of alternative treatment; however it is becoming much more accepted by both the mainstream medical community as well as an acceptable form of Fibromyalgia treatment. The main determination behind the concept of chiropractic care is to aid in lessening symptoms of pain and other issues by correcting any imbalances in the skeletal configuration. The forms of adjustment of the skeletal structure are made through techniques such as stretches, adjustments, as well as manipulations where the imbalance can be restored and results in lessening of symptoms.
A Few Lifestyle Changes Could Help
Lifestyle changes can be one of the most critical forms of treatment that will yield the most beneficial outcomes when it comes to Fibromyalgia treatment. If Fibromyalgia sufferers can begin to understand the importance of self-care then often treatment for finding relief is much more possible.
- Reduce Stress –stress is a factor that is known to increase Fibromyalgia symptoms. This is why it is so important for individuals seeking Fibromyalgia treatment to develop a way to avoid stress or at least learn to deal with it properly when it does occur.
- Get Sleep – Getting enough rest is vital to those with Fibromyalgia. This is often a difficult task as the pain that is associated with Fibromyalgia can affect a person’s sleep patterns. Studies have shown that proper sleep patterns, such as getting up and going to bed at the same time on a daily basis, can be beneficial to those seeking Fibromyalgia treatment.
- Do Exercise – Individuals who need relief from Fibromyalgia can use exercise and physical therapy to help lessen their symptoms. It is important that exercise is begun gradually and completed regularly if relief is to be found, but stretching, good posture, and relaxation exercises have been proven to provide Fibromyalgia relief.
- Have Good Health – Eating healthy food and limiting caffeine intake can help to decrease the pain associated with Fibromyalgia. It is significant for individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia to pace themselves by not doing too much or too little in order to keep their bodies in a particular state of health.