When Fibromyalgia Gets You Down, Team Up And Fight Back
When you encounter the symptoms from your chronic condition of fibromyalgia, you will always want to find the quickest and most effective way to gain some relief from them because you know that if you don’t, you could miss work, family events and be completely incapacitated for several hours if not several days. Most patients of the fibromyalgia condition try many different types of treatments to curb the effects that the fibromyalgia symptoms have on them; sometime they are successful and find the right treatment that works for them and sometime they are not so lucky and might have to try a number of treatments to help minimize the frequency and provide some relief from the pain. That hopeful relief can only come from the consistent use of a fibromyalgia treatment option which could range from acupuncture to massage therapy or electric stimulation. Fatigue is one of the biggest symptoms of fibromyalgia and can be a great proponent, if reversed, toward the prophylaxis of fibromyalgia in your life. Consult with your doctor to determine if there are ways to increase you energy and combat the fatigue.
Surrounding oneself with a strong support group during life crisis is an excellent way to cope with the hazards life throws at you. Most life hazards come in the form of financial stress but there are those occasions where physical health can play a role in adding to life stresses. One complication of personal health would be the diagnosis of a painful condition known as fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a painful condition that can affect several different areas of the body. Below are some of the support team members that should be in your group:
- B- Complex Vitamins – All of the B- Complex vitamins (Folic Acid, Riboflavin, and Thiamine) can help to lessen inflammation that often causes the painful symptoms, these vitamins can also help to maintain muscle tone which is an added bonus to those with Fibromyalgia.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were experiencing on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Brown Seaweed Extract – Research is proving that Brown Seaweed extract (a supplement) is proving highly successful in the fight against chronic pain. Studies have shown that taking Brown Seaweed extract can reduce joint pain and stiffness by as much as 52% and individuals notice these benefits within only one week of beginning treatment.
Medication Comes With A Warning
When endeavoring to fight off fibromyalgia pain, many medical professionals recommend the use of prescription medications which can help minimize the symptoms and effects of the syndrome of fibromyalgia. Though all of these meds were never designed for the treatment of fibromyalgia, they have been used this way because each of them has a distinct symptom or symptoms they can alleviate. Here are two of these meds:
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications – Anti-inflammatory medications are available both as prescriptions and over-the-counter. These prescription medications can help reduce the pain that fibromyalgia sufferers go through as a result of excessive physical activity among other conditions. However, because of the side effects those anti-inflammatory medications have on the lining of the stomach they should only be taken as needed and when absolutely necessary one example would be the drug known as pain meds.
- Muscle Relaxant Drugs – Patients with fibromyalgia pain are sometimes prescribed muscle relaxants. The medicine does not appear to really relax muscles but does reduce muscle pain. These medications are typically taken in the evening because they cause drowsiness. sleep medications is one of those medications that can help relax the muscles.
Fibromyalgia: Can It Be Stopped?
Fibromyalgia outbreaks are an epidemic that covers millions of people each year is the shadow of pain and tumultuous symptoms. For those who are lucky enough not to go through all the symptoms of these fibromyalgia flare ups, they should use a fibromyalgia treatment option to counter-act the symptoms they do go through. Fibromyalgia symptoms are vast and many which makes treatment difficult; many fibromyalgia treatment options are designed to relieve one or and few of the symptoms but not all of them. This put the fibromyalgia sufferer in a tight position as they are going to have to choose wisely as to which fibromyalgia treatment option is best for them. Consulting with their primary care physician could also be a good advice collector to determine which fibro option is the best one for you.