When Your Joints Hurt, Supplement Yourself
Whenever you struggle with a chronic condition such as fibromyalgia, you have a choice to either deny the existence of the condition through your life or you can embrace the reality and fight back with a vengeance. Yes, some try to avoid fibromyalgia by watching out for triggers or warning sign of the impending fibromyalgia but this tactic can only go so far because eventually you will get a fibromyalgia episode and without the proper treatment option fighting it off, you will not stand a chance against the impact the fibromyalgia will have on you. So what do you do? Well, I thought it was obvious; you get a fibromyalgia treatment and use it throughout your life so that the fibromyalgia symptoms are not as debilitating on your life. Fibromyalgia treatment option come in all shapes and sizes such as massage therapy, supplemental herbs and vitamins and even prescription medications.
Fibro fog is the term used when fibromyalgia disrupts an individual’s ability to think clearly. Fibromyalgia can affect a person’s ability to concentrate and with his or her short term memory. This type of memory loss is an issue for some fibromyalgia sufferers and causes complications with one’s work and personal life.
A Simple Way To Put It
Fibromyalgia is pain. Millions of people have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and each of them are forced to live with widespread musculoskeletal pain which often goes hand in hand with extreme moments of fatigue, memory difficulties and fluctuating mood swings and behaviors. Body-wide pain is often hard to clarify and give specifics of when it seems as though the pain is being felt everywhere, but in order to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia there has to be some type of specifications that are particular to or belong only with this condition, one would hope. The pain and symptoms of fibromyalgia is most commonly felt in the soft tissue, muscle, tendons and joints. Soft tissue is located in several spots on the body such as: the elbow, neck, back, knees, shins, hips and shoulders. The pain is often felt the most at night and the individual suffering from the pain often struggles to find time to sleep and once he or she finally falls asleep the night is often interrupted from the pain and the fibromyalgia patient wakes up stiff, uncomfortable and just plain miserable the next day. The painful spots on the body are referred to as tender spots and are felt in the various locations we have already mentioned. The pain will start in a location such as the knee and then spread out to include the whole leg.
Solving The Joint Pain Through Naturals Means
There is no denying the physical and emotional affect that fibromyalgia can have on an individual; so if you are starting to notice changes in your physical and emotional state of being, it might be wise to speak to a medical professional about what type of testing is available for fibromyalgia. But the key is to stay calm and formulate a plan. The issue of fibromyalgia complicates everyday mobility. But all of this and more can be fixed through the regular use of the following supplements:
- Chlorella – This is a supplement which can help to significantly improve the symptoms that Fibromyalgia sufferers commonly face. Chlorella has been suggested to help increase energy and help to reduce muscle pain.
- 5-HTP – Research has shown that in individuals who suffer from Fibromyalgia when 5-HTP was used as a treatment, individuals reported a significant decrease in their tender points as well as the amount of pain they were experiencing on a daily basis. Other benefits noted with the use of 5-HTP were improvements in sleep, morning stiffness, anxiety, as well as fatigue.
- Magnesium – Can aid in relief from Fibromyalgia because when taken as an additional supplement it can help to reduce the muscle spasms, weakness, and back pain that are commonly associated with Fibromyalgia.
- SAMe – This particular supplement is a synthetic form of a compound which the body naturally produces. It is needed for immune function and plays a key role in the forming of cartilage and DNA. Research has shown that SAMe can lessen the symptoms of chronic pain as well as boost an individual’s spirits (good for those also experiencing depression).
- Capsaicin – When Capsaicin is used on the tender points of a person who suffers from Fibromyalgia a decrease in pain has been notated in some research.
- Fish Oil – Has omega-3 fatty acids which are known to be an anti-inflammatory which makes it an excellent source for reducing the pain associated with Fibromyalgia.